Variation types of Medaka

Dieses Thema im Forum "In general spoken words" wurde erstellt von kanga, 11. Mai 2017.

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen
  1. kanga

kanga Registered

Dear Medaka fanciers,

I am very new in the hobby so this question seem silly but how many variation or types of Medaka are there? what I can see from facebook there are:
    1)Lame'
    2)Hikari
    3)Sold Red, Orange, Black, White etc

Are there any articles, charts etc that we can learn from. Thank you very much kindly.

Regards
    Kanga

2. Medaka Einsteiger

Medaka Einsteiger Registered

Hello Kanga,
    there are a lot of different breeding strains in the hobby. In Japan you can find over 700 registrated strains in each colors. Special Medaka books you get at moment only in japanese language. Or professional genetic books but very expansive for hobby breeders. Have a look for the english Version of the Amazonas Journal with special Medaka reports by Friedrich Bitter and Fumitoshi Mori .

3. kanga

kanga Registered

Thank you very much for the reply Mr Axel. I did put purchased a copy of the Magazine and it will arrive shortly. Medaka Italy has some good writing on the introduction to medaka but unfortunately it is in Italian....I wish that he could write something similar in English. I notice that you are also keep Endlers Livebearer and I saw a blog with your name on it?....did not realised that you are also into Medaka. Facebook facility is good for nice conversations but it terrible with records keeping as things get piled on top overtime, so if you could kindly please invite some of the veterans in the hobby to come here and convers......this would be a tremendous help with new hobbyist yet to come.

4. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    yes I have Endlers too, but in the future I prefair the Medakas. Really Medaka Veterans we not really have outside Asia. We all learn more and more and make our own experiences . Special the genetic is very interessting! You are right at the moment Facebook is the actuell best place for Medaka informations. But not all Aquaristic fans there. Iam sure this Medaka Portal will grow in the future, too.

5. Medaka Einsteiger

This is the Medaka Compendium from Yukio Ooba with the most Medaka strains in Japan include. Not actuell but very interessting . But the Problem that it is only in japanese language .
    FB_IMG_1475083760509.jpg

6. kanga

kanga Registered

Wow! where did you get that?.......and it is dinner time...hihihi? Does not matter Mr Axel.....Most of Ranchu and Koi stuffs are in Japanese anyway. is there a website offered this book for sale...please supply a link. Thank you kindly Mr Axel.

7. kanga

kanga Registered

There are no basic teaching of Medaka anywhere even in Facebook......the Medaka.it website has good information in there but in Italian....I google translated but not very good....well, better than none. When is Mr F. Bitter will relieved our English Fan pains by translation of the new publishing book......I saw it on Facebook.EU page, any News yet Mr F.Bitter?

8. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    the picture was made last year. LOL Last year Mizuho Medaka (HK) offers this book for 35 USD plus shipping costs. I don`t know
    if they have them this year, too. Or you can contact Mr. Yukio Ooba via facebook for it.

9. kanga

kanga Registered

So what being offered in the Mizuko Medaka(HK) are all in $US.....? Thank you Mr Axel, I will look Mr Yukio Ooba once I am home. How did you pick up your knowledge of Medaka...Via facebook, friends or you know to read Japanese?

10. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    yes all in USD. When I start two years ago with Medakas I had no knowlege. I made my
    experiences with my own fishes and via facebook. At that time no informations outside
    Japan possible. Of course it is very helpfull to get infos from other guys. But not all tips
    works even same. So I say start with a cheap strain and make your own experiences.
    So have a low risk, when soemthing works wrong.

11. kanga

kanga Registered

Thank you Mr Axel , I found Mr Yukio Ooba website and tried to purchase the book but could not get through as all the buttons are in Japanese. I also tried to email him to buy but the email on his website did not work either.......does he know English? can I communicate with him on Facebook with English......I saw you posted something on his facebook page and no reply....Just wonder he he would reply?

Thank you for your advice, I will start with cheap fish first and see how I go. What colour container is best for medaka.....the local store here sell different colour tub, they come in various colour.....would blue or white or black tub?

12. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    I don`t know how good Mr. Ooba speaks english. I worked with japanes translator and he answered me over Messenger.
    But the book I got over a good friend, not via Mr. Ooba. I think the best chance to get it, is over Mizuho Medaka or when
    you have friends in Japan.

13. kanga

kanga Registered

Hello Mr Axel,

I have been reading your Medaka Blog and there are good information there....it would be great if you could please provide a link to it for the sake of new comers to the hobby in this thread(Thank you Martin for the link). I already Pm Mr Ooba on facebook, just hope he would response.

14. Medaka Einsteiger

Hi Kanga,
    the link to my blog was posted from one other member in the Link section here. And each can find it over google search! :-D
    Hope you will get a answer from Mr. Ooba.

15. kanga

kanga Registered

Mr Ooba did not reply.....as I think he does not speak English....that is ok Mr Axel....the thing we must do now is to push Mr Friedrick Bitter to hurry up and translate his Medaka book and publish it......we cannot live forever and one life time is far too short so please be as quick as you can.

16. kanga

kanga Registered

Next Question:

How many types of body form of Medaka are there?
    1)Normal
    2Hikari
    3)?

17. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    there are more types than Normal body and Hikari.
    3. Swallow (long fins)
    4. Dharma (short body)
    5. Han Daruma (middle body)
    and different eye types in Japan with own strains.

18. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    the most japanese have their problems with other languages. Maybe you work wit japanese translator. Not really good, but better than nothing. Mr. Bitter have a lot of projects and outside the Medaka hobby, too. We spoke about a medaka book on the meeting last saturday in Moers. Maybe we get a Beginner book us ebook in the future. But pushing help nobody. ;-)

19. kanga

kanga Registered

Mr Axel,
    See the picture of the Medaka at the bottom of your book on the left....see how the tail of that fish is divided into two sections......what is the name of this type of fish?

20. kanga

kanga Registered

That is good Mr Axel...at least we know there is something is happening and it confirmed. Were there any Italian Medaka fancier at the Convention?

Diese Seite empfehlen