Would you breed with deformed fish?

Dieses Thema im Forum "In general spoken words" wurde erstellt von kanga, 6. Juni 2017.

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen
  1. kanga

kanga Registered

I purchased 5 fish and all three of the males are deformed....I got only two females without any good male....this line is Hikari, what call "East Red Sky".....according to another fellow hobbyist, this line has a lot of deformity.....I think to use a normal male from a different variety to cross with these two females.....please tell me what should I do?

2. Medaka Einsteiger

Medaka Einsteiger Registered

Hello Kanga,
    can you post pictures please?

3. kanga

kanga Registered

Please wait a little bit I will take some pictures and show you the fish......I purchase three pairs and these were sent. I wonder what the person on the other side think as he/she pick out the fish from his/her sell tank.

4. Medaka Einsteiger

Hello Kanga,
    I don't know what he offered. Maybe he wrote Dharuma in his offer?
    But Dharuma have different variations of deformed bodies. Shortbody
    and deformde is not even the same.

5. Medaka Einsteiger

different types of shortbody
    FB_IMG_1496810860248.jpg FB_IMG_1496810883600.jpg

6. kanga

kanga Registered

No Mr Axel, the fish are actual deformed......as soon as I get home, I will catch them and take some photo......they are Hikari type body.

Do you know why one is call Daruma and the other Dharuma only the spelling different or actual group is different?

why sometime write Youhiki other Yohiki and Yogiki.......are they one and the same?

7. kanga

kanga Registered

8. kanga

kanga Registered

how do you reduce the size of the photos?.......anyway these are the three deformed males that I mentioned. I think they need to be cull?

9. Medaka Einsteiger

Hi Kanga,
    I work with a special programm to reduce the size. Very sad to see such deformed fishes. Iam sorry to say,
    but no way to get with such fishes a normal result. They are no natural mutation, it is a genetic defekt, and
    it is important not to breed with them. I think the females will give offspring the same problems. :-(
    About the name of the strains. all the same. Only the spelling is different.

10. kanga

kanga Registered

Any suggestions on how to breed the two remained female fish Mr Axel? All I got is Golden Medaka males with normal body type.....how to I breed to get the Hikari fish back....I like the hikari body type?

11. Medaka Einsteiger

Hi Kanga,
    from time to time you get Hikari in normal body strain offsprings. You must select them when you have Hikari fishes in
    offspring. But with the females of the strain which you got, I would not work. Very high risc to get deformed fishes
    again. Look for better females. That will be the only way in this case. Sorry!

Diese Seite empfehlen